Monday, March 5, 2012

The hunt for the perfect makeup...

***Update***
Thought I would show everyone what the finished makeup kit ended up looking like. She ended up with her own little hand sewn bag. I also added a plastic nail polish and a plastic lipstick that her grandma found a the dollar store.




So I have been looking in stores and online for weeks at little girl play make-up kits. It has become apparently obvious that they no longer make the kits like I had as a child. The ones that were entirely plastic in no form truly make-up and almost completely toddler proof. Some thing like the lip stick in this set:


But anyway I can't find anything like this. This new generation of little girls seem to be more trust worthy with "play" make-up that is STILL make-up!!! Just a far more discussing version of it...

As a solution to this I have had a light bulb moment! In case your not sure what that is I will let one of Mini-me's favorite movies explain. I decided that of course the answer was to make it!! Well with the semester starting and it being senior year I thought let me give it one more shot and see if I can buy someone else has crafted for toddlers. Well that plan quickly fell through when I discovered that they are far to expense for a college student no matter how CUTE they are!! I attached one of the favorites I found.

Of course the next plan of action is to decide how to make them myself. Well I have a make-up kit that could put some professionals to shame. So the plan then became to dig through my current make-up mess and the dollar tree and find cute containers that could now become Mini's.


So the first step was to go pick up this loot from the dollar store. The plan is to empty this eye shadow case, get a powder compact from the roommate and a few other things and make an awesome kit!!


*****UPDATE******

 They will need to sit for a few days to dry out.


Once dry grab a cute little bag to store and give it to the little princess to enjoy!!

Happy Crafting
<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment