Sunday, December 4, 2011

$1 CHRISTMAS DECOR!!!!!!

Hey Guys!

As promised here is some updates on diy Christmas decorations. I made some felt garland today to hang on the archway at the house.

All you need is:
  • A few sheets of felt (25 cents a sheet at hobby lobby)
  • scissors
  • pen of some kind (I used a fabric pen)
  • stencil of shapes you want
  • sewing machine



 For my stencil I just printed out 3 sizes of a tree outline and a circle from clip art. I you are curious why I did 3 sizes it is because odd numbers always look better visually than even.

 With you pen trace the design onto you felt and the cut out the shapes. I did a little more than half a sheet of each color.


To put this one together all you have to do is run the shapes through the sewing machine. After each one has a line stitched all the way through let the machine continue to sew to let there be space between each one. To add the next one you will need to pick up the foot and place it where the dog feed can pick it up. Some tips for all this:
  • You will need to help the machine by pulling the shape so that as you keep sewing for the space in between otherwise your machine will try to knot up on you.
  • You will probably need to push your little piece of felt along to make sure that it will pass under the foot and not get knotted





I ended up with two 12 foot sections of garland from half a sheet of each color!!!! So it only cost me 75 cents for 24 feet of garland!!! Awesome!


Happy Crafting

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment