Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Ribbon Shirt


So Mini's Mom and I decided that Mini needed a cute Christmas shirt!! The answer what a turtleneck and ribbon. To make a Christmas tree shirt you will need:
  • 2 colors of ribbon (I used 7/8)
  • Shirt (I recycled one from Halloween last year)
  • Sewing Machine (could be done with out)
  • Pins!!
First you need to cut 10 5 inch pieces of ribbon. You can change the length of this to change the size of the tree but 5 inch worked well for the 2T/ 24 month sized shirt we were using.

Don't forget to burn the ends of your ribbon to keep it from fraying when you wash the shirt.

Next you need to start pinning the tree to the center of the shirt.



I recommend you put something inside the shirt to make this easier. A baby book worked pretty well for me and was pretty convenient since the toddler brought it to me.


Continue to pin the loops on to the shirt. I recommend you start at the top leaving space to put a bow on top of the tree.


Next you want to run a straight line across the top of each row of ribbon loops. When doing this make sure you go slow and try not to let the fabric stretch or get distorted.


You finished tree should look something like this. With some artistic variation of course.

Last you just want to hand stitch on some kind of tree topper. I went with another ribbon on top just to keep the theme.



As usual Mini is slacking on her modeling job. Hopefully I can get caught up with all the modeling pictures soon.


Happy Crafting

<3 Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment