Friday, December 2, 2011

Crimmus time!!!!

Has to be my favorite time of  the year right now!! And I'm not talking about all of the parties, presents, food, music, etc... I am talking about Christmas decorating of course!! I love taking out the trees and garland, the nutcrackers and ornaments and going to town on our house!! WHO DOESN'T!?!? Although I really can't say the same for taking all the stuff down.... Needless to say every year Christmas decorating time means time to come up with new ideas of what would look good around the house. This year the 2 newest projects are a wreath for the door and homemade garland. Both in a VERY inexpensive way of course! Oh I almost for got there will be LSU themed stockings for me and the roommates too!!!


This is the inspiration for the wreath. I am going to use pipe insulation from Lowe's because the styrofoam rings are way over priced!! And it is as simple as duck typing the ends together so that it is a circle and wrapping yarn or ribbons around it. The best way to get decorations to go on it would be the dollar store or Wal-mart now has a very inexpensive section of decoration in almost any color.


Next is the garland. It is made from 8 sheets of felt ($2 at hobby lobby). You can use less but I went with 8 to have extra room for me to mess up shapes and be cause I plan on using it for my apartment tree as well as with the decoration with the garland over the archways at the house. All you have to do is cut out simple shape and run them though the sewing machine allowing the machine to keep sewing in between each cut out to keep them connected.

There will definitely be an update to this post later in the weekend showing you how I did mine and some tips I have.

Happy Crafting

<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment