Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ruffle Skirt

Found this awesome fabric today while wondering around Handcock Fabric for $9.99/yard and I had a 40% off coupon so seemed like a good plan! I just grabbed some elastic while there to make the waist band with.



All you have to do is put the elastic around you and see how wide you need your skirt. Lay the elastic in half and cut out the front and back of your skirt take into account what hem length you need.


Now you need to do the side seam but DON"T FORGET  that you want the ruffle to be going the same direction and laying flat so that when you sew the sides your ruffles are not permanently going in odd directions.

Last thing is to put the elastic on your skirt. I attached mine on the top because I kinda like that look.

 Now for mine to have more of the fitted look (because I measure to cut the width from the widest part of my hips) I am going back and taking it in at the sides. I'll post later in the week the finished product and some tips on taking it in.

Happy Crafting
<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment