Friday, December 16, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap

So tonight's project was to make laundry soap for Mom and me. I was pretty cheap to make. It cost about $20 to get all of the ingredients and then I bought to be jars to store for about $8 each but that is a one time thing.
Ingredients:
  • Super Washing Soda
  • Baking Soda
  • Borax
  • 3 lbs Oxi Clean (optional)
  • 3 bars Fels-Napin
All you have to do is grate your 3 bars of soap. I recommend you buy a cheap grater.


Then just add the powder and stir it up. It is probably a good idea to use a trash bag and big container. (I used a ice chest that happened to be nearby.


Now just move it to your container.



You only need to use about a Tablespoon per load (I got a coffee scoop to use with ours so 2 Tbs). CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST!?! This is just a picture of half of the soap that is going to Moms. The final producted filled to of these containers to the top.

Happy Crafting
<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment