Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mini-me Gets Big Girl Pants

After much searching I finally found some little boy's boxers to make the mini-me some sleep shorts. I tried every store in the area (walmart, target, kmart, sears, & jc penny) so I decided that the only way I was going to get some was to order them I found this cute little site that has tons of stuff to order for little ones for embroidering (could turn into more projects we have a machine) and it only took them about 3 days to get it to me.

So the plan was to decorate the bottom of them so they are much cuter for her to run around in. I started with some cute ribbon and matching bows or buttons.


I just pinned the ribbon around the bottom and ran a stitch down the middle of it.

When I went around I over lapped the at the ends (making the ends between the legs) so that it would not be short or show.



The next plan was to add bows or buttons to the bottom corners for that little something extra.

For a par that needed buttons down the front I used the hem measure and marked with a fabric pen the placement every inch.


For the "Mou Mou" (mini mouse) shorts as Mini has taken to calling the mouse I just hand sewed bows to the corners for something little.

I am pretty happy with the finished product. I ended up with two pars of shorts for her and it only took about 45 minutes even with her helping. She will have to model them later on it is nap time around here for all the little ones.




<3 Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment